Ferritin and TSAT levels have increased since 20111*
*Percentage of patients.
- Evaluate the iron status in all patients before and during EPOGEN® treatment, and maintain iron repletion.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- EPOGEN® is contraindicated in patients with:
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) that begins after treatment with EPOGEN® or other erythropoietin protein drugs
- Serious allergic reactions to EPOGEN®
- Use caution in patients with coexistent cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Scroll down for additional Important Safety Information
Guidelines for ferritin and TSAT
- The EPOGEN® PI recommends for patients on hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis a ferritin level ≥ 100 mcg/L and a TSAT level ≥ 20%.2
- NKF-KDIGO® guidelines state that in most patients with TSAT > 30% or serum ferritin > 500 ng/mL, any erythropoietic response to iron supplementation alone (ie, incremental change in Hb and/or reduction in ESA dose) will be small.3
- Evaluate the iron status in all patients before and during treatment and maintain iron repletion.
ESA dose, iron use, and Hb levels over time4Between 2002 and 2008, Hb levels correlated with ESA doses; iron doses did not demonstrate the same correlation†
†Analyses limited to individuals who received EPOGEN® for at least one month of the quarter.